Friday, August 08, 2008

Rock'n'Roll With The Modern Lovers


All the files below are the promotional material for Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers' UK tour of September 1977.

Offical Autobiography. "I started chasing girls from age five onwards."

Offical Autobiography part2: "I put a band together when I was ninenteen, called it the Modern Lovers and I've been changing and growing ever since."


Biography (Hype Version): "Armed with a turquoise stratocaster (this is a guitar) and a lot of nerve he sang his songs."

Album Press Release: "Recorded in the finest bathroom money could buy".

Album review: Teenager In Love


Sounds album review, June 25 1977

Tour Press Release: "Jonathan will sing in these places for either two and a half hours or as long as is necessary." Some bloke called David Hepworth is one of the press officers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was horrified to read in Travis' book a reference to "Jonathan Richmond & The Modern Lovers".