Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sparring Partners Vol 2

The calls went out for music and I answered. Eventually.
Tom from indiemp3 wanted The Fizzbombs flexi, You Worry Me. I told him I had it and would copy it. That was bloody ages ago. I didn't realise it would take me so long to find, but once a record's lost - if you have a rather shaky grasp of the alphabet or a habit of putting records in the wrong place when drunk - it can take months, even years, to find (if anyone's seen my copy of If Love Was Money by Dan Penn, please say, as it's bugging the crap out of me).
The other track on the flexi is Hank Williams Is Dead by Jesse Garon and the Desperadoes.

Nancy was after a Mousefolk ep, Hazy Tambourine Days. As always, I'm happy to help. My feeling is that this band haven't aged well; I have other thoughts on bands such as this and the period for indiepop 89-91, but I will perhaps share them another day when I have time to devote to another chapter in the rise and fall of indiepop.
Devil In The Deep Blue Sea
Holiday

Sleepwalk
Autumn

2 comments:

Tom said...

Cheers!

nancy said...

Thanks! The sad truth is that I haven't aged well either...