Thursday, February 22, 2007

Winning friends

Since starting this blog I have racked up showbiz mates (Phil Wilson emailed!), my influence on the world of indie has been recognised to such an extent that I got a press release about something last week and John Jervis of WIAIWYA isn't always in such a hurry to "do something else" when I sidle up to him to make idle chit-chat about indiepop.

Best of all perhaps is following a post about Medium Cool, said label's supremo Andy Wake got in touch and festooned me with CDs (two! great they were and all!) and responded to my heartbreaking tale of losing the Medium Cool Autum Collection 1987 poster by searching his house, outbuildings and grounds until he found one cowering in a corner and then despatched it to me. What a gent!

I got it framed, I took down the picture of Aretha Franklin to make room and, in a scene I'm quite sure you won't have caught on Changing Rooms, one wall of the FET picture gallery now looks like this:


Thanks, Andy!

3 comments:

ally. said...

that poster worked well for us over at sombrero after the siddeleys were enraged by their records non appearance on it. they left medium cool and 'sunshine thuggery' became sombrero three.

Fire Escape said...

What?! I thought EMI would've won the bidding war.
Hey, were you involved in Trout Fishing In Leytonstone?

ally. said...

that first johnny johnson/siddeleys tape is a beautiful thing that i don't think was ever bettered. i'm really glad she's letting the world hear some of it.all our lot made better demos i think, especially reserve.

and yes i did do said rag.