Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MJ Hibbett at the Hangover Lounge. Free! This Sunday!



















MJ Hibbett performs his exciting life in rock this Sunday at the Hangover Lounge. An even more exciting electronic brainstorm between your correspondent and MJ happened this morning:

FET: Is there any value in wringing the comedy cloth until a slightly tortuous 'MJ sells out 45 dates at the O2, here's your chance to see him free at the Hangover Lounge' is produced? If there is, then perhaps you could produce from your comedy weaponry the BIG GUN which will explain how excited you are to be playing to your biggest fans, eyeball-to-eyeball, in an intimate venue.

MJ Hibbett: Morning! Here at my international media centre I have a selection of exciting words for all occasions:

MJ Hibbett has supported Echo & The Bunnymen on the ukelele[sic], had an album of the year in Rolling Stone, written a book that got his editor fired, stayed out drinking longer than Nick Cave and Shane McGowan, run naked through Glasgow hotels and had an International Hit with a song about computers that made him famous in Norway and IT Departments all over the world.

He’s going to be telling the story behind these adventures and more in his new one-man show My Exciting Life In ROCK where he’ll be performing songs such as The Lesson Of The Smiths, Do The Indie Kid, Hey Hey 16K and his legendary cover of Boom Shake The Room!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...sounds like a fine thing to do on a Sunday afternoon! I really enjoyed the performance I saw at last year's Edinburgh Festival. Shame I didn't know the work to 'Boom!...', though.

Anonymous said...

er...that'll be 'words' to 'Boom!...'. Sheesh.

Fire Escape said...

About this time last year in Sweden, Brogues, I distinctly remember you eyeing up one of the many Arctic foxes at the club where we were DJing and declaring: "I see the one I want and say 'come here cutie'/I flip her around and then I work that booty".

Disclaimer: I had enjoyed a wide range of the local brewery's finest, so it may have been our host Daniel who uttered those immortal words.

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha!!! You have quite a way with words, sir! Mind you, I did always like that line from the remake of Shaft where Samuel L Jackson says, "It's ma dooty to please your booty". Let me tell ya, a boy can get away with that in a Glaswegian accent :)

Was Sweden a year ago already? Wild.

Fire Escape said...

I'd like to see Rab C Nesbitt trying that line on any fair maiden, Swedish or otherwise.

I'm starting to worry, Brogues, that you may have left your clean-living, god-fearing image behind for a life of debauchery. A word of warning: MJ's Do The Indie Kid is an invitation to dance, not a rallying cry to divest innocent indie gurls of their cumbersome virginities.

MJ Hibbett said...

Isn't it? I must have been singing it wrong...

Fire Escape said...

I think sex gymnnasts would fare better attempting congress to the lyrics of the Hokey Cokey than they would to Do The Indie Kid.

NB: I have not tried DOIN' IT to either song.