Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lawrence of Belgravia

I remember what Vic Godard used to say when he was asked why he hadn’t been more successful. He’d say it was because 'I haven’t made a record that deserved to be'. And I’ve thought of saying that myself, but then I’ve gone back to the records and thought, 'No, we deserve to be massive'.
Lawrence, October 1985

The long-awaited documentary Lawrence of Belgravia gets its first screening at the Barbican on 4 November. It will be shown with another Paul Kelly documentary, Take Three Girls: The Dolly Mixture Story.

Tickets are going quickly, so get them while you can.

And here’s a Felt press release from 1986 which has been tucked inside my copy of Rain Of Crystal Spires for over 20 years:

3 comments:

CarsmileSteve said...

oh, is this a new dolly mixture film? we'd kind of assumed it was the same one we saw last time...

...goes and books...

Fire Escape said...

It must be, as the other DM film was made by one Simon West and this one is made by (the legendary) Paul Kelly (who, as you probably know, is Debsey's other half).

Anonymous said...

Damn! This clashes with me being on nights for my job! :(
Hopefully both these films will come out on DVD sometime.